Our Rig: 2011 Dodge 3500 6.7L Cummins/2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 28DSBH

Our Rig: 2011 Dodge 3500 6.7L Cummins/2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 28DSBH

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Two Days Out!

Most in law enforcement are familiar with the concept of "you have to get there safely in order to help someone" or some variation thereof.  In that vain, Saturday morning was spent on the truck.  I suspected the dealership was using some crappy oil and bought supplies to change it myself, which I hadn't done in years.  Luckily, a buddy learned of my plans and invited me to swing by and use his garage and his expertise.

To say Rick is equipped is akin to saying Mt. Everest is "sorta big."  Anyone who owns a lift that can crank up a 22' diesel truck, not to mention a race "car" (rocket ship?) that gets from zero to eighty in 1.1 seconds knows his stuff.  Anyway, judging by what came out of the crankcase, I was right about the dealership.  It wasn't oil.  More like water.  Rick was aghast.  Long story short, 12 quarts of some good stuff was put in the big Dodge (Rotella-T if your interested).  All the tires were removed, balanced, and checked for proper inflation.  The truck is purring like a kitten.  In fact, it seems to run better when I even drive by Rick's place.  Guess it has found its new mother-ship.  Can't thank my friend enough!!

Monday will be busy with last second preparation and then the big day! Thanks for reading.....