Our Rig: 2011 Dodge 3500 6.7L Cummins/2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 28DSBH

Our Rig: 2011 Dodge 3500 6.7L Cummins/2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 28DSBH

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Day 26-Ninichilik, AK

Today is Sunday 7/19. The trip is flying by!! Our halibut charter got pushed to Monday. It is a beautiful day today but other groups got pushed to today so hopefully our turn is tomorrow. The boat have been coming in with good catches of halibut. In fact one is coming in now and I will post a pic below of their catch if I can. The days are very LONG. We go to bed around 11pm to 12am and it is not dark. We rise as early as 5am and it is already light outside. You sort of have to remind yourself to get some sleep. Alaska is somewhat expensive as well, for groceries, gas, beer, etc. But we expected that too. For the gearheads out there, I'm about 6300 miles into the trip and averaging 11mpg with the 6.7L Cummins Diesel. I planned on 10mpg so anything over that is a bonus. I also put a new set of tires on in Eagle River a week or so ago. The other tires were borderline when we started and toast by the time I changed them. I will have to get a second oil change pretty soon when we start back home. As always, thanks for looking........the Pekrul's