Our Rig: 2011 Dodge 3500 6.7L Cummins/2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 28DSBH

Our Rig: 2011 Dodge 3500 6.7L Cummins/2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 28DSBH

Friday, July 10, 2015

Days 16-18

We are camped in Destruction Bay Yukon today on a beautiful lake. Last two days in Skagway Alaska. Hit 5000 miles on the trip odometer today, which is about half way regarding mileage. I have provided medical assistance to two separate people so far. The first was a teenage lad who layed his leg open badly after falling off his bicycle on a rough trail along a river. He was sitting there bleeding and waiting for help when I got there, coming back from fishing. The "local guy" showed up with a pack with first aid stuff. He looked at the laceration (tibia exposed right below knee)and asked if I knew first aid. When I said yes he handed me the pack and said he would open the trail head gate for a vehicle and left. I bandaged the kid up and helped load him in a pick-up to go the the ER. The second was a lady who approached us on a trail head parking lot in Skagway. She had fallen and either sprained or broke her wrist. I gave she and her husband a ride the two miles back to their cruise ship. They were from CA and lived near my buddy Tom Smart. Anyway, things are going great! I will post some pics down below.